Polytechnic courses are highly demanded in India. They are a way for students who want to take technical courses but cannot take them up because of high fees and long time duration.
TELANGANA STATE POLYTECHNIC COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (TS-POLYCET)
The States Board of Technical Education & Training on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) conducts TSPOLYCET. It is conducted for admission into Diploma Courses of all Institutes in Telangana and their affiliated colleges.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for TS POLYCET 2018-2019:
- The candidates should have cleared 10th or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Candidates appearing for SSC in 2018 can also apply, the condition being they should have cleared the SSC/10th before the admission date.
- There is no age limit. The candidates can apply after completing their 10th
- The students must belong to Telangana and have a permanent residence proof.
- Application Process Starts From: March 2018
- Last Date to Apply: April 2018
- Admit Card Download Begins: First week of April 2018
- Exam Date & Timings: April 2018, 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Result: May 2018
- Counselling Begins: July 2018
- The exam is divided into three sections- Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry.
- Mathematics section has 60 questions comprising of 60 marks.
- Physics section has 30 questions comprising of 30 marks.
- Similarly, Chemistry section has 30 questions comprising of 30 marks.
- The exam is conducted for 2 hours.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Geometry, Linear Equations, Mathematical Modelling,Mensuration,Number System, Polynomials, Probability, Progressions, Quadratic Equations, Real Numbers, Sets, Statistics, Surface Areas & Volume, Trigonometry.
- Physics: Acids, Bases & Salts, Carbon & Its Compounds, Chemical Bonding, Chemical Equations & Reactions, Classification of Elements, Electricity, Heat, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Metallurgy, Reflection of Light,Refraction of Light at Curved Surface, The Structure of Atom.
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, Organic Compounds with Nitrogen Functional Group, Phase Equilibria & Solutions, Polymers, Redox Reactions, Surface Chemistry, The States of Matter, Urea & Malonic Ester, etc.
ANDHRA PRADESH POLYTECHNIC COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
This exam is conducted by State Board of Technical Education & Training, Hyderabad. It is conducted for the students wishing to join Diploma courses in Engineering and Non Engineering/ Technology offered at Polytechnics institutions in Andhra Pradesh.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for AP POLYCET 2018-2019:
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen and a resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- There is no age limit.
- The candidate must have cleared SSC exam from any board recognized by Andhra Pradesh government, with minimum of 35% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics each.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible.
- Application Process Starts From: 19 March 2018
- Last Date to Apply: 13 April 2018
- Admit Card Download Begins: 3rd week of April 2018
- Exam Date & Timings: 28 April 2018, 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Result: 10 May 2018
- Counselling Begins: Last week of June
- Exam consists of 120 questions.
- It contains 60 questions of Mathematics for 60 marks, 30 questions of Physics for 30 marks & 30 questions of Chemistry for 30 marks.
- The questions are of multiple choice type.
- There is no negative marking.
- The duration is 2 hours.
- PHYSICS: Elements of Vectors, Heat & Thermodynamics, Kinematics & Friction, Modern Physics, Simple Harmonic Motion & Acoustics, Reflection of Light, Refraction of Light at Curved Surface, Refraction of Light at Plane Surface, Units and Dimensions, Work, Energy & Power.
- CHEMISTRY: Acids & Bases, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Corrosion, Electrochemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Fuels, Polymers, Solutions, Water Technology.
- MATHEMATICS:Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Geometry, Linear Equations, Mathematical Modelling, Mensuration, Number System, Polynomials, Probability, Progressions, Quadratic Equations, Real Numbers, Sets, Statistics, Surface Areas & Volume, Trigonometry.
ALL INDIA PRE-VETERINARY TEST
Veterinary Council of India (VCI) organizes AIPVT for admission into B.V.Sc. & A.H. Degree Programme.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Jammu & Kashmir students cannot apply.
- The age limit is 17-25 years as on December 31, 2017.
- Relaxation of five years in age limit is given to SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- The student’s minimum educational qualification is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English as main subjects. The candidates presently in class 12 can also apply; condition being that he/she passes class 12 on or before June 30, 2018.
- The candidate must get minimum 50% in the qualifying exam.
- Minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC students is 40%.
IMPORTANT DATES for AIPVT Exam 2018-19:
- Application Process Starts From: 8 January 2018
- Last Date to Apply: 1March 2018
- Admit Card Download Begins: 14 April 2018
- Exam Date & Timings: 14 May 2018
- Result: 3rd week of June
- Total number of questions is 180.
- The candidate scores 4 marks for each correct answer and loses 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
- The exam is divided into 3 sections- Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- There are 45 questions of Physics, 45 questions of Chemistry & 90 questions of Biology.
- PHYSICS: CLASS XI- Behaviour of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory Oscillations and Waves, Kinematics Laws of Motion, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body Gravitation, Physical World & Measurement, Thermodynamics, Work, Energy & Power.
CLASS XII- Atoms and Nuclei, Current Electricity, Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation, Electronic Devices, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism, Optics.
- CHEMISTRY: CLASS XI- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Equilibrium, Redo Reactions,Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Some P-Block Elements, Structure of Atom, etc.
CLASS XII- Biomolecules, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Halo alkanes and Haloarenes, Polymer Chemistry in Everyday Life.
- BIOLOGY: CLASS XI- Cell Structure and Function Plant Physiology, Diversity in Living World, Human Physiology, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants.
CLASS XII- Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Ecology and Environment, Reproduction Genetic and Evolution.